Friday, February 8, 2013

30/30

Soooo, Ive started my own 30/30 challenge! Hooping.org (the hoopers mecca) started it for the new year, and I know I'm running a month late, but I'm gonna give it a shot. As you may have noticed, I haven't really hooped (or blogged, heh heh) since Hoopcamp. I've been super "busy" guys, I swear. And I started yesterday, so I'm even late on the blogging of this event. Poo. I don't know why I put hooping aside, for some reason I am under the impression that things are more pressing, urgent, important or "financially lucrative" then hooping, so I put down the hoop for days, weeks, months- even in an absurd loss of self, years- only to pick it up and realize that it should not be a priority, but THE priority.

Few things make me feel as connected to "self" as hooping. So in an attempt to connect to self, work my sh*t out and be a more spectacular person overall, here it is. The 30/30 self practice.

Day 1: Feb 6th. Hooped in park for about an hour before work. Used my big hoop. Feeling pretty out of shape, but by the end I wonder WHY DO I NOT DO THIS MORE OFTEN????!!! Why, I should do this every day...

Day 2: Feb 7th. A lil easier. Still used my big hoop. Decided to go home and blog. Had a beautiful moment of flow in the park.  Walked home with an extra bounce in my step.

In one month, I intend to find a way to fit hooping into every day of my life. I know this will be a struggle as I am about to enter a big transition in my life (moving to Bend, OR. for the summer), so if I can fit it into the hard days then the rest of my life should be a breeze, right? TTYL, folks and wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment