Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hooping Challenge Goes On



Day 4: Pushed through the workout to get it done.nothing too spectacular, but left me feeling a million miles better than if I hadn't hooped. Feeling deeper in my flow every day.


Day 5: Today was my community day. I went to hoopjam in Kapiolani park. It was not drills or losing myself in flow. Yes I hooped, I made a point to do it, but today was the day I met other hoopers and connected with my hoop sisters ( Allison Rae and Twirling Girlish blowin up the hoop scene in HI!) Sadly, this was a day I have been dreading. I commonly end up lost in my own practice. I need to plug in my headphones and ignore the world. It's where I find my flow and the core of my practice. In the hoop, lost in the spiral I find my mana and my church. This, however, is a double edge sword. For what is a church without a congregation? I can grow in my ability, but not in my style. I admit, as a total body rocker, I can waist hoop and stall forever and be satisfied. But when I see other hoopers, I think to myself "Wait- I want to learn the scorpion! How about some Cat's Eye Isolations?" It's a great big hooping world out there, and I am just one wee hooper!

I'm blessed to be around so many inspirational hoopers who are putting themselves out there on the street and in the news.  I just gotta leave the comfort of my headphones and get out there with them!

Day 6: I'm writing these posts, but falling behind on publishing them. I'm feeling more motivated now, even the drizzle did not stop me from making it to the park. The 45 minutes I alotted before work was not nearly enough time to hoop today. I had an amazing practice today, and I don't know if it was the hoop or the iced coffee toddy, but I was AMPED. And the feeling lasted. Like spinning in circles behind the desk and doing barrel rolls in the air at work kinda amped. I'm sure other people at work appreciate my enthusiasm for life.

But this kind of enthusiasm leaves me feeling trapped at my day job, and I have come to only one conclusion... Mermaids don't work in offices.



No comments:

Post a Comment